Thursday, January 17, 2008

I Am Running For Life! Can You Help?

Dear All

I have taken what might prove to be a momentous step! I have committed myself to tackle the challenge of running a marathon, 26.2 miles of crowded solitude to fight the physical and mental mountains that lie between me and the finishing line. Marathon running has also proven to be a platform that can galvanize people into supporting good causes. As a direct result, an enormous amount of cash and public awareness has been achieved for many charities across the globe,. I embark upon my challenge to try and achieve the following:

• Make a contribution to a worthy cause

• Give back something to the citizens of St Louis, many of whom have made me welcome and provided moral support

• Give me a focus and help to strengthen my physical and mental demeanor in a time of great challenge and uncertainty

• Achieve a goal of actually completing the 26.2 miles rather than dreaming or pondering aloud ‘what if’

I plan to run the St Louis marathon on Sunday 6th April 2008, my chosen charities to benefit form my efforts and your support are:

· The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TNT) TNT is one of the largest endurance sports training programs in the world. For more information on joining Team in Training's marathon or half marathon program visit http://www.teamintraining.org or call 314.878.0780

· The Back Stoppers This organization provides many avenues of support and financial assistance to the spouses and children of police officers, firefighters, EMTs and volunteer fire units who have lost their lives performing their duty. For more information visit http://www.backstoppers.org or call 314.692.0200.

You can help me achieve the best possible result for the beneficiaries by making a donation dependant upon me completing the 26.2 miles or purchasing a sponsorship logo opportunity on my running shirt (limited availability).

You can make a pledge and send a $ donation by making a payment via one of the following methods: Please Note: Because The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training and BackStoppers is a 501(c)3 corporation (tax-exempt organization), your contribution is tax-deductible. By Cheque (check)or Money Order: Please make a cheque or money order payable to one or both of the following charities:

The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training (TNT)Or The Backstoppers, Inc And mail your cheque (check) to David Carruthers c/o RSRG, P.C. 120 S Central Suit 130, Clayton, Missouri 63105. By Pay-pal account: Please log on to www.paypal.com and click on send money tab and enter email address carruthers486@msn.com to send a donation by Credit Card, Debit Card or internet bank transfer.

All donations sent via pay pall will be split 50/50 between the two charities. You will be asked to open a personal pay pal account. Sponsorship Opportunity: To enquire about sponsorship opportunities please e mail Carruthers486@msn.com with proposed details.

You can track my training progress, charity donations and sponsorship achievement on: www.davidcarruthers.com/marathon Thank you for taking the time to read my e mail. With your help I look forward to being able to succeed in my quest and cross the finishing line on Sunday 6th April 2008

Yours sincerely

David Carruthers.

Copyright © 2007-2008 DavidCarruthers.com. All Rights Reserved. Intellectual Property Rights Policy

No comments: