Saturday, January 19, 2008

When the going gets tough the tough go burrrrrr….

I canceled my long run in the park today in favor of running 14 miles on the treadmill indoors. Most of the US has been engulfed with a blast of freezing air from the artic and St Louis did not escape this time. We awoke to an unusually cold 3f degrees this morning with a wind chill factor of 15mph taking the temperature even further below freezing (freezing is 32f) This dry cold air combined with biting wind takes your breath away.

My overall training schedule has been going well, I am now 10 weeks into my 21 week build up to the big day and outside some sore tendons and a foot full of blisters I am in good shape.

I continue to step up my preparation by further increasing my training. Next week I introduce a 2nd run each day. I will now be running 2 times a day for 5 days, along with the rest day Friday and a long run on Saturday. The work put in now will hopefully be credits in the bank when the chips are down some where along the 26.2 mile route on Saturday April 6th 2008. My aim is to be thinking about how fast I can run a marathon not can I run a marathon.

Importantly I would like to say a big thank you to all who have generously responded to my recent email and made a contribution to my selected charities (Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and Backstoppers).


David Carruthers 19th January 2008.

No comments: