Monday, February 18, 2008





February 2008
Dear Friend,

I wrote to you recently detailing my intent to complete the St Louis marathon and raise some much needed financial support for my 2 chosen charities, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and BackStoppers. May I take this opportunity to update you on my progress to date. I have undertaken a rigorous and, on occasions, torturous training schedule that has left me physically half the man I was and mentally twice the man I was. Much to my wife's delight I have slimmed down to a 32 inch waist and traded in my Nike Slow for my Nike Pro. I am now running over 50 miles a week, which leaves me perfectly poised to accomplish my goal of completing the marathon. However, I currently believe we are somewhat short of achieving my prominent and most important aim of helping my 2 chosen charities.

BackStoppers Here in the US in the wake of the tragic events of September 11, 2001, public safety has taken on new dimensions. Even in the face of growing threats and challenges, police and fire professionals continue to respond with characteristic heroism and selflessness. Unfortunately, some lose their life in the line of duty. It’s impossible to fill the void they leave in society and in their families, but by supporting The BackStoppers you can express your appreciation in a tangible way for a life given on behalf of others. By doing so, you can help those they loved the most continue their legacy of dedication to public safety.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society:The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is a national voluntary health agency dedicated to curing leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and to improving the quality of life of patients and their families. The Society was established in 1949 as The de Villiers Foundation. In 2000, the Society changed its name from The Leukemia Society of America to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to emphasize its commitment to fighting all blood cancers. Today, the Society supports the following major programs: research, patient services, public and professional education, advocacy and community services. With headquarters in White Plains, NY, the Society has chapter offices across the United States and is a single corporation doing business under New York State not-for-profit corporate laws. Nearly 1 million volunteers from all walks of life give generously of their time and talents to implement the Society's programs. They provide professional guidance and help raise vitally needed funds. The Society's activities are directed and supervised by its national and chapter boards of trustees. I feel sure that you will agree with me that they are two very worthy causes to support. If you have already made a contribution, I sincerely thank you for your support. However, if you have not, please make a contribution now and please give generously as your efforts will be greatly appreciated by many thousands of families from all walks of life. And of course, don't forget that any contribution you make is tax deductible. Details of how you can contribute are listed below. By Cheque (check)or Money Order: Please make a cheque or money order payable to one or both of the following charities: The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training (TNT) Or The BackStoppers, Inc And mail your cheque (check) to David Carruthers c/o RSRG, P.C. 120 S Central Suit 130, Clayton, Missouri 63105. By Pay-pal account: Please log on to www.paypal.com and click on send money tab and enter email address carruthers486@msn.com to send a donation by Credit Card, Debit Card or internet bank transfer. All donations sent via pay pall will be split 50/50 between the two charities. You will be asked to open a personal pay pal account.

Many thanks for you support


Yours Sincerely


David Carruthers.
Copyright © 2007-2008 DavidCarruthers.com. All Rights Reserved. Intellectual Property Rights Policy

No comments: