Monday, November 10, 2008

Ready To Rock & Roll In Memphis

Today I was granted permission to travel and run the St Jude Memphis Marathon on December 6th.

I am ready to “Rock and Roll” my training has been going well since Lewis and Clark and in 4 weeks time I will be in shape to break that sub 3:00:00 target. Knowing that I will definitely be able to compete has come at a good time, today’s 11 miles was run in 32 degrees of ice cold air this morning!

The Memphis event is a competitive race with a 3000 runner limit, a fast but challenging course over rolling hills, the big ticket item of the race is finishing in the St Louis Cardinals AAA baseball stadium.

With 4 weeks to go I will get in another two 20 mile long runs and an 8k cross country race before I begin my taper fro race day.

A sub 3:00:00 race will be followed by a small celebration on Beal St and BBQ Ribs.


David Carruthers 10th November 2008 (http://www.davidcarruthers.com)

No comments: