Monday, July 27, 2009

A Running Update – Racing Success

After reader feedback I have decided to spare the audience the grim grind of my daly workouts and only post a weekly summary.

Week ending Sunday 19th July

I had 8 run’s, a total of 71 miles, a very solid week with an 18 mile long run on the Sunday, these base (high) millage weeks are like energy in the bank for the last 6 miles on my next marathon. I have a track meeting next weekend, the Show Me State Games in Columbia Missouri, looking to have some fun and see how fast I can go, this will be my last track race of the season.

Week ending Sunday 26th July

I had 8 run’s, 3 races and a total of 49 miles, a short week because of the taper to race on Saturday and Sunday. I will count this week as a down week, however, the way my body feels today, I am not so sure it was a down week! The Show Me State Games event was fantastic, I ran very well and I am happy with my performance and progress. Saturday night: 1500 meters, I ran 4:41, a winning performance and recording a State record for my age category 50-54. Sunday morning: 800 meters I ran 2:19, a winning performance and just missing out on a record by 0.3 seconds! I also ran the lead off leg in a winning 4 X 400 team with a split of 0:58!! That is fast for a 51 year old, may even have won the US Nationals age 50-54 in the 400 meters event.

I have to say it "is nice to enter the record books in Missouri for some good reasons".

David Carruthers 27th July 2009

http://www.davidcarruthers.com

1 comment:

Flash Games said...

That's indeed a great achievement! Well it's fortunate to have people like you with such high spirits. Keep it up!