Friday, November 16, 2007

Pasta v Haggis. It is no contest!


My country’s football team (soccer) play the biggest game in their history tomorrow afternoon in a European Championship qualifier decider against Italy.

The mighty Italians are previous European and World Cup winners, their side peppered with stars, all of whom will have to overcome the tensions and atomic like explosive atmosphere of a Hamden Stadium in Glasgow, Scotland. At the game some 70 thousand William Wallace look-alikes will be screaming their lungs out for victory and freedom!

For my part, I will be logged on to the Internet with my face painted blue, screaming at the screen, along with my countrymen.

I love Italian food but I will not be eating spaghetti tomorrow as nothing can stop me supporting my country.

Go Scotland Go…..al, I hope!

Go on, join me and be on a winning side.

David Carruthers 16th November 2007

Scotland v ItalyHampden Park, GlasgowSaturday, 17 NovemberKick-off: 1700 GMTLive coverage: Sky Sports 1, BBC Radio Scotland, BBC Radio 5 Live, BBC Sport website & Score on BBCiHighlights: BBC ONE SCOTLAND (2220 GMT)

No comments: